Materials on the background to Dio Chrysostom’s version, the literary legacy of Prodicus’ original “Choice of Herakles” story and its artistic legacy after the renaissance.
- Booklet analysing the origin and development of the “Hercules’ Choice” story in literature and art (Booklet pdf download 1236kB)
- Pinterest Board with images of the Choice of Herakles
- Emma Stafford’s talk on the origins of the Choice of Herakles story and its interpretation in art (21 minutes), with slides (pdf download 1443kB)
- Podcast interview with Tim Benjamin on the compositional process (22 minutes)
Pre-performance talk by Tim Benjamin, preceding the screening of the film of the Todmorden premiere of Herakles followed by the screening itself is available to stream from the University of Leeds School of Music.
- DVDs of the film of the world premiere in Todmorden are available to purchase from the Hercules Project.